A quick and easy snack or appetizer, these salty, savory, creamy bites of salami, herbed goat cheese and dill pickle are a big crowd pleaser.
I am a huge fan of party snacks. When given the choice of a dessert table or an appetizer spread, I will always choose savory over sweet. Speaking of sweet… today I am so thrilled to be participating in a SURPRISE virtual baby shower for my beautiful friend Lauren of Keep it Sweet Desserts.
Lauren is expecting her first baby and I’m so excited that she’s having A BOY! I know I’m a little biased but I think boys are the best.
Lauren and I had the chance to meet face to face this past summer when I was visiting NYC for a couple days. We had so much fun walking, talking and eating out way through Chelsea Market.
Since I knew Lauren’s friends would be baking tons of fabulous desserts for our virtual baby shower, I decided to make a savory appetizer to balance out the sugar. Pickles in a Blanket are such a fun and EASY party appetizer that is perfect as we head into the holidays and the busy entertaining time of year.
Of course, pregnant women love pickles in all forms but who doesn’t? Salty, crunchy and low calorie, these bites are delicious with a cocktail but frankly they make a somewhat healthy, high protein, low carb and gluten free snack any day of the year. Win Win.
Happy Baby Shower Lauren!! I can’t wait for your little one to make his debut into the world!
- 12 slices Genoa salami - thinly sliced
- 12 baby dill pickles - quartered
- 4 ounces Boursin cheese (I used garlic and fine herbs)
- To assemble, stack the salami slices and cut in half to create 24 half moons. Lay each half moon slice of salami out on a flat work surface or cutting board.
- Using a butter knife, spread a small amount (1/2 teaspoon) of the cheese on each salami half starting in the center, middle.
- Place a piece of pickle in the center of the salami on top of the cheese and tightly roll into a cone shape. Pierce with a toothpick to keep in place and arrange on a platter to serve.
Be sure to check out all of the other incredibly delicious dishes created today just for Lauren!
Mini Pumpkin Layer Cakes from The Baker Chick
Mini Apple Spice Cupcakes from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
Mini Nutella Brownies from The Cooking Actress
Mini Iced Oatmeal Cookie Apple Pies from Girl Versus Dough
Mini No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecakes from Bake or Break
Mini Cookie Cocktail (and Mocktail!) from We Are Not Martha
Mini Chocolate and Peanut Butter Fondant Cakes from London Bakes
Double Decker Birthday Cake Blondie Bites from Baker By Nature
Mini Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes from Eats Well With Others
Roasted Caprese Stack with Peaches from Warm Vanilla Sugar
Crunchy Cookie Butter M&M Bars from The Avid Appetite
Mini Pumpkin Streusel Pies from Espresso and Cream