Made with lean turkey, hearty beans and smoky fire-roasted chilis, each bite sticks to your ribs – not your waistline. This hearty and satisfying Slow Cooker Healthy Turkey Chili recipe has great flavor, easy to make and ideal for feeding a crowd!
The temps are slowly starting to drop and fall entertaining season has arrived! Whether you have friends over to watch the game on the big screen or, like us, try to catch Friday night games at your local high school, this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is for you!
In fact, Homecoming is just around the corner and since we live within walking distance from the parade route and the high school, we will be hosting a big group of friends and family to grab a bite of hearty chili before heading back outside.
Ideal for prepping ahead of time, I like to throw it all in my Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker first thing in the morning so that my guests can help themselves throughout the afternoon and evening.
Of course, we all know that the best part about chili is the toppings! My favorite is fresh minced cilantro but we like to keep plenty of hot sauce, tortilla chips, Greek yogurt, and minced jalapeños on hand as well. The sky is the limit with toppings!
What is your favorite healthy recipe for football season? I’m all ears!
Do I have to use beer with chili?
No. Substitute with chicken broth instead.
Your spoon is waiting.
Slow Cooker Healthy Turkey Chili
- 20 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 12 ounces beer i.e. Modelo
- cilantro sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, scallions - optional toppings
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Sauté ground turkey with the next 5 ingredients (cumin through pepper) until browned and cooked through, about 8-9 minutes.
- Place cooked turkey and al remaining ingredients in your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker and heat on low for 8 hours of high for 4 hours.
- Serve in large bowls garnished with optional chili toppings.
For more healthy Mexican recipes, take a look at my Pinterest board!