Kale Salad is both healthy and easy to make as well as the perfect complement to any meal.
Kale is one of my favorite Super Foods. If you’ve been following my blog, you know that I love incorporating kale into my diet. From Baked Kale Chips to Banana Berry Kale Smoothies to Butternut Sausage, Kale and Sausage Pasta, I just can’t seem to get enough. During colder months, I typically buy the big bags of pre-washed and chopped kale found near the lettuce at the grocery store. While delicious cooked, it is certainly not something I eat raw (unless pureed into a fruit smoothie.) After a recent visit to my favorite local Farmer’s Market, I chatted with local kale farmers about his favorite ways to prepare and eat the leafy greens. His response? Raw. His reason? It is a lot healthier than lettuce. Good point, Mr. Farmer, good point.
When you come home from the market, soak your greens in a large bowl of cold water. Lift the greens up and out of the water letting the dirty water fall back into the bowl. Roll greens into paper towel and store in the refrigerator until you are ready to prepare. The key to eating your greens is making it easy for you to use throughout the week.
Your fork is waiting.
How To Make Kale Salad
- 1 cups bunch raw kale about 6
- 1 Juice of lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c grated parmigiano reggiano
- Remove thick stems from kale and finely shred before placing in a bowl.
- Top shredded kale with lemon juice and olive oil; toss well. Feel free to use hands to massage lemon/olive oil into the kale leaves – the acid in the lemon acts as a tenderizer.
- Let sit for one hour at room temperature.
- Before serving, season with salt, pepper and grated parmigiano reggiano.
Click here to check out my other kale recipes