The ultimate comfort food, this 5 ingredient cheesy chicken pesto pizza is made on a whole wheat pizza crust and topped with juicy sun-dried tomatoes.
Pizza is my husband’s love language. It’s true. And you know what my love language is? Pre-made whole wheat pizza crusts that don’t require me to pretend I know anything about yeast and dough.
We recently got our very first Trader Joe’s that is just 5 minutes from my house so we almost always grab one of their whole wheat pizza crusts to keep on hand for busy weeknight dinners. Using just a handful of pantry staples and leftover rotisserie chicken, you are less than 15 minutes away from this Cheesy Chicken Pesto Pizza with Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
I like to sprinkle it with a little fresh parsley and red chili flakes to serve but to be honest, it hardly needs any doctoring. Warm gooey cheese, fresh basil pesto and tender shredded chicken are topped with tangy sun-dried tomatoes to create pizza perfection in every bite.
The best part? It tastes even better cold the next day. Not that I would know… there was no way Raúl was leaving this photo shoot without snagging the leftover pizza.
No forks required.
- 1 pre-cooked 12-inch whole wheat pizza crust (such as Trader Joe's)
- ½ cup basil pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- 3 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella - divided
- 6 ounces leftover shredded chicken (rotisserie works great)
- ¼ cup minced drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread basil pesto evenly throughout the center of the pizza crust, being careful to leave a ½ inch border around the edge.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese on top of the pesto and arrange chicken on top of the cheese. Add the remainder of the cheese on top of the chicken and toss on the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 8-10 minutes.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
For more Healthy and Easy Dinner Ideas head over to Pinterest!
Need more ideas to get your pizza fix??
Feed Me Phoebe: Easy Mexican Breakfast Pizzas with Avocado
Creative Culinary: Pear, Gorgonzola and Hazelnut Pizza with Mixed Green
Homemade Delish: Superb Pizza
Daisy at Home: Pizza Panini
Healthy Eats: 5 Smarter Ways to Eat Pizza at Home
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Six Pizza Recipes For Your Academy Awards Party
In Jennie’s Kitchen: Best Pizza Recipes
Taste with the Eyes: Pretty Smoked Salmon Pizza with Chive Blossoms
FN Dish: 5 Ways to Eat Pizza for Breakfast