These juicy Greek lamb burgers are topped with a cool and creamy tzatziki sauce. Perfect for summer entertaining!
It’s not every day I crave a juicy burger but when I do, I like to go big or go home. Whether it’s a turkey burger with pesto and mozzarella, a filet burger with tahini mayo, or this juice Greek lamb burger with tzatziki sauce, one thing is for sure: summer eating is the best eating.
These juicy Greek lamb burgers are filled with fresh herbs including dill and parsley, plus fresh garlic, chili flakes, and oregano.
Of course, the star of this burger show is really the Greek tzatziki sauce. Cool, creamy yogurt mixed with cucumbers, dill, lemon, and yogurt, it is delicious on anything from grilled salmon to pork to anything in between.
If you want to shave off calories, skip the bun, and serve everything over a big bed of chopped romaine. To be honest, these burgers have so much flavor you won’t miss the bun but it sure does make it easier to eat.
No forks required.
Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 24 ounces ground lamb
- 1/4 cup fresh dill minced
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 4 servings Greek Tzatziki Sauce to serve
- lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, banana pepper slices optional garnish
- 4 hamburger buns to serve
- Pre-heat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground lamb with the next six ingredients (dill through chili flakes.) Use hands to incorporate every ingredient evenly into the lamb.
- Divide meat mixture into four and form into equal sized patties. Using your thumb, gently press down in the center of each patty to avoid it bubbling up while cooking. Grill for 4 minutes per side for medium rare burgers, longer for medium or medium well.
- Grill for 4 minutes per side for medium rare burgers, longer for medium or medium well. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes.
- To serve, place optional garnishes on bun, along with grilled lamb burger, and drizzle with tzatziki sauce.
Want more delicious recipes? Head over to Pinterest!