Dark chocolate and natural peanut butter are melted then drizzled over freshly popped popcorn to create this fun and easy snack or dessert recipe!
My kids are popcorn obsessed. Ok let’s be honest, our whole family is popcorn obsessed!
Can you blame us? Easy to make, ready in minutes, crunchy, salty – what’s not to love?
While we normally enjoy it popped in olive oil then sprinkled with a little salt, I love to surprise the boys with this sweet and salty Chocolate Peanut Butter Drizzled Popcorn.
It couldn’t be easier to make. To start, simply air-pop the kernels (we love this air popper) then place them in a bowl. While you certainly could oil pop them, you really don’t need to waste the calories since you’ll get a ton of flavor from the chocolate and peanut butter.
While the popcorn is popping, melt the peanut butter and chocolate in the microwave until smooth and creamy. Lastly, get the kids involved and let them drizzle all that melted goodness all over the popcorn.
Get messy. Have fun. Enjoy every delicious bite of this goodness.
No forks required.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels air-popped
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate 70% or higher
- Pop kernels with your favorite air-popper then place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Place dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until melted, 30-45 seconds, stirring once halfway through. Drizzle chocolate over popcorn.
- Repeat step with peanut butter by heating it in a microwave-safe bowl until melted, 20-30 seconds. Drizzle peanut butter over the popcorn. Serve warm!
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Check out my Pinterest board to see more snack recipes!