A healthy version of a family favorite, these healthy chocolate chip cookies are heavy on the oats, not on the butter or flour and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Chocolate chip cookies are just the best, am I right? With that said, I have a confession to make: these chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are not holiday cookies. These are any-time-of-the-year cookies.
At just 90 calories a piece, I promise you can enjoy these guilt-free! Heck, enjoy three of them.
These cookies have the perfect balance of chewy oats, omega-3 packed walnuts and just enough chocolate chips to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Fortunately, this cookie recipe only requires 3 tablespoons of butter and has a healthy dose of whole wheat flour and flax seed meal to give you an all access pass to Guilt Free Cookie Land.
No forks required.
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with silicone baking sheet or spray with non-stick spray.
- In an electric mixer, beat together softened butter, honey, brown sugar, water and egg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, flax seed meal, baking soda, salt and oats.
- With the mixer on medium speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides periodically.
- When ingredients have just combined, remove from the mixer and stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto baking sheets and bake until just browned, 11-13 minutes. Let cool before removing from the pan.