A healthy version of a family favorite, these healthy chocolate chip cookies are heavy on the oats, not on the butter or flour and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
In this Post: Everything you need for Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are just the best, am I right? With that said, I have a confession to make: these chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are not holiday cookies. These are any-time-of-the-year cookies.
At just 90 calories a piece, I promise you can enjoy these guilt-free! Heck, enjoy three of them.
These cookies have the perfect balance of chewy oats, omega-3 packed walnuts and just enough chocolate chips to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Fortunately, this cookie recipe only requires 3 tablespoons of butter and has a healthy dose of whole wheat flour and flax seed meal to give you an all access pass to Guilt Free Cookie Land.
No forks required.
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with silicone baking sheet or spray with non-stick spray.
- In an electric mixer, beat together softened butter, honey, brown sugar, water and egg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, flax seed meal, baking soda, salt and oats.
- With the mixer on medium speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet using a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides periodically.
- When ingredients have just combined, remove from the mixer and stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the dough onto baking sheets and bake until just browned, 11-13 minutes. Let cool before removing from the pan.