Fresh and tasty, this Lebanese Tabbouleh Salad is the perfect complement with grilled meats as it can sit out for several hours without wilting.
Lebanese Tabbouleh Salad
- 1/2 c fine bulgur wheat
- 2 bunches parsley finely chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 c seedless cucumber diced
- 6 scallions diced
- 1/4 c fresh mint chopped
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bulgur wheat according to package directions and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine parsley, tomatoes, cucumber, scallions and mint.
- Flake apart bulgur with a fork and toss together with vegetables.
- Dress the salad by drizzling the olive oil around the edges of the bowl.
- Juice the lemon directly over the salad, carefully holding opposite hand under the lemon to catch seeds.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine. Check for seasoning, adjust accordingly and serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl