An easy make-ahead breakfast, this peach french toast bake is 100% gluten free and bursting with flavor.
As I head further and further into the third trimester and become increasingly more exhausted by the minute, I have discovered a renewed love of make-ahead meals. Let me tell you folks, there are few greater feelings than waking up to a hungry toddler and husband on the weekends and remembering that a healthy and delicious breakfast is already prepared.
This dish was created after a recent peach-picking expedition. In fact, the first recipe I created was this moist and flavorful Gluten Free Oatmeal Peach Bread. The great thing about this bread is that you can swap out all-purpose flour or whole wheat pastry flour if you don’t need it to be gluten free.
If you’re serving a crowd, hosting a brunch or having friends over for breakfast, this recipe takes care of any potential gluten intolerances without scarifying any flavor. Similar to my Gluten Free Chewy Brownies with Walnuts and Coconut Oil, I can guarantee no one will notice or miss the gluten.
Your fork is waiting.
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated fat: 1.1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 7.4 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 36.4 g
- Sugar: 18.2 g
- Sodium: 269 mg
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 87 mg
- 6 slices gluten free oatmeal peach bread
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large peaches - sliced (fresh or frozen)
- fresh raspberries and maple syrup - optional garnish
- Spray an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and line with the sliced peach bread. Feel free to break them into smaller pieces to fit the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Pour liquid over the bread in the baking dish.
- Top bread with peach slices, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven uncovered for 45 minutes. Serve with fresh raspberries and maple syrup if you wish.