A fast and easy side dish, your family will love these sweet and caramelized balsamic roasted sweet potatoes, cauliflower and onions.
Happy 2015 Friends!! Did you have a good holiday season? Mine couldn’t have been better – lots of quality time spent relaxing and enjoying good eats with family and friends.
We didn’t have a white Christmas but we had a white New Year’s Day so I’ll take it.
Speaking of resolutions… have you heared the exciting news? Dara and I have teamed up to host a fun, supportive and encouraging Healthy New Year 6-Week Challenge! Don’t worry, there’s still time to sign up. The first challenge starts Wednesday, January 7th so be sure to join our Facebook page for the latest details!
In the meantime, I have a simple and delicious side dish to help you get through the winter doldrums. A lot of people tell me they tend to eat the same vegetable side dish night after night – usually steamed green beans or broccoli. While delicious, I always recommend eating a variety of foods all year long for maximum nutrition and health benefits.
Balsamic Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower & Onions couldn’t be easier to make or more tasty. Feel free to mix and match with any vegetables you have on hand such as parsnips, Brussels or kohlrabi. The options are endless.
Your fork is waiting.
- 2 sweet potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1 small head cauliflower - cut in florets
- 1 medium onion (red or yellow) - diced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- minced fresh herbs for garnish (i.e. chives, parsley, etc.) - optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place chopped veggies (sweet potatoes, cauliflower and onion) in a large resealable plastic bag and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Seal tightly and shake well until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Spread vegetables in an even layer on a baking sheet and roast until lightly browned and caramelized, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh herbs before serving.