A fun and easy no-cook appetizer, these chicken teriyaki meatball fresh rolls are full of flavor and sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
In keeping with our “Go Ethnic!” #HealthyNewYear challenge this week, I have created a fun, no-cook party appetizer that is ideal for entertaining. Of course, I could happily eat the entire platter of these Vietnamese style fresh rolls entirely by myself but that’s besides the point.
If you love ordering fresh rolls in restaurants but have never made them at home before, I urge you to give them a try. They are completely no-cook so you don’t need to break a sweat over the oven or stove. You simply put together a little assembly line of a few of your favorite fillings and get to work.
For these beauties, I got a little help from Al Fresco by using their fully cooked chicken Teriyaki Ginger meatballs. Naturally gluten free and 100% natural, the vibrant Asian flavors of ginger and sesame take these fresh rolls to the next level.
Whether you’re hosting a party or having people over to watch the big game, these rolls can be assembled up to a day ahead. Simply store with a damp paper towel on top to keep the rolls from drying out.
What are your favorite game day party appetizers? I’d love to hear from you. No fork required.
- 12 spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 12 Al Fresco Teriyaki Ginger fully cooked meatballs - room temperature, halved
- 4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles - prepared according to package directions
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumbers
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup cilantro sprigs
- Boil 8 cups of water and keep warm.
- Whisk together dipping sauce and set aside.
- To soften the rice paper, fill a shallow pie plate with boiling water. Add one rice paper at a time and soak for 5 seconds then move to a plate to fill and roll. (Careful not to over-soak!)
- Working from the center of the roll, add a couple tablespoons of vermicelli noodles then top with two slices cucumber, a small amount of shredded carrots, two meatball halves and a couple sprigs of cilantro.
- Fold in the sides then bring bottom up over the filling and tuck while rolling tightly.
- Place on a platter seam side down and continue rolling remaining 11 sheets.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with reserved dipping sauce.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: Al Fresco has compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Want to WIN? Click here and vote for your favorite al fresco game day recipe January 15 – 31 for the chance to win $500 and a one-year supply of al fresco product! Winners will be announced February 5! PS: If you vote for my recipe I would be thrilled.
Need more Healthy Appetizers for the big game? Check out my Pinterest Page!