Creamy, garlicky hummus is topped with Certified Angus Beef® ground beef cooked in clarified butter and scented with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. This easy Lebanese recipe is perfect for scooping up with pita bread or eating alongside a big Syrian salad.
I recently returned from another successful Fresh Air Retreat in Scottsdale, AZ. It was amazing to be surrounded by so many other talented food bloggers, and to learn from each other and from some incredible brands. While there, we were spoiled with a delicious meal by Certified Angus Beef.
Chef Ashley prepared us an amazing Certified Angus Beef® ribeye. Every Certified Angus Beef® cut comes from farming and ranching families that are dedicated to raising the best beef to higher standards The marbling of the beef is the secret to the amazing flavor, and you could really taste the increased quality with every bite.
As delicious as it would be, we can’t eat ribeye every night. That’s why I’ve paired up with Certified Angus Beef to create this simpler, quicker dish that you could make for any weeknight dinner. Hummus with Ground Beef stems from my Lebanese roots, while mixing in the delicious quality of Certified Angus Beef® ground beef.
Why Eat the Certified Angus Beef® brand?
- The Certified Angus Beef ® brand is the best beef available. That’s why it’s trusted by 5-star chefs and the best home cooks, because when it comes to serving a great meal, quality ingredients matter.
- This beef is full of flavor and is certified to taste great. You’re going to get a juicy, tender, flavorful bite every time.
- Every Certified Angus Beef ® product starts on a family farm or ranch, where ranchers sustainably raise beef to a higher standard.
- For the hummus: chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, olive oil, and water.
- For the ground beef: clarified butter, Certified Angus Beef® ground sirloin, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, pepper, and allspice.
How to Make Hummus with Ground Beef
Start your Hummus with Ground Beef by making your hummus. Add your rinsed chickpeas, garlic cloves, and salt to your food processor.
Next, add freshly squeezed lemon juice (straining to catch any seeds).
Finish with the tahini sauce and ice water. I like to drizzle in the olive oil as it’s blending, and you’ll puree until smoooth.
Then in a hot skillet, melt the clarified butter (ghee) over medium/high heat.
Then add the Certified Angus Beef® ground sirloin to the pan, make sure you break it up as it cooks.
Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
Finish with some salt and pepper.
Cook until beef is fully cooked and broken into small pieces.
Spread hummus on a plate, then top with the warm ground beef. Garnish with fresh parsley and toasted pine nuts.
The hot meat will actually warm the hummus making it even more aromatic and flavorful. Scoop up with a piece of pita bread, and enjoy your Hummus with Ground Beef!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What do you serve with Hummus with Ground Beef?
What can I add to hummus for more flavor?
Try topping it with freshly chopped green onions, parsley, or dill! Or add more garlic to the chickpeas before blending.
How do I store homemade hummus?
Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More recipes with Beef
- Garlic Soy Marinated Grilled Flank Steak
- Beef Satay Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Authentic Carne Asada
- Beef Birria Tacos
- Beef Shawarma with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Did you try this beef recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Whether you try out my Hummus with Ground Beef, or are feeling more a steak or ribeye, you can’t go wrong with choosing the Certified Angus Beef® brand for your meal.
No fork required.
Hummus with Ground Beef
- Start by making the hummus: place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Check for seasoning and add more garlic, lemon or salt as desired; set aside.
- Next, melt the clarified butter in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat. Add the Certified Angus Beef® ground sirloin (or chuck) and begin breaking down using a wooden spoon or potato masher. Sprinkle with all the spices: salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Continue cooking until ground beef is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- To serve, spread the hummus in a thin layer on a large platter or plate. Top with the warmed ground beef mixture then garnish the platter with minced parsley and toasted pine nuts. Serve with pita bread.
Disclosure: This post is a collaboration with Certified Angus Beef®. I was compensated to write this post. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.