A healthy version of the chips you buy at the store, corn tortillas are baked with olive oil and spices to create a healthy version of this addictive snack chip.
Recently I received a text message from my college BFF in Boston asking (begging) for healthy recipes “of the chip nature.” Can you tell this gal works at Harvard? Even her requests for a salty snack are fancy.
Since I adore my friend Katie and also happen to have a salty tooth, I was happy to oblige. Baked tortilla chips couldn’t be any easier and more versatile. I love seasoning them with smoked paprika and cumin but feel free to get creative. Turn up the heat with cayenne or keep it mellow with garlic powder.
Heck, you could even get crazy by combining sweet and spicy notes with a little ancho chili powder, cinnamon and sugar.
Your friends are waiting.
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Using a pizza slicer, cut tortillas into 8 triangles by cutting in quarters then eighths; place in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and spices over tortilla triangles and mix well so all tortillas are evenly coated in oil and spices. Don't be afraid to use your hands!
- Divide tortillas evenly between both baking sheets and spread out so that they are in an even layer.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes or until browned. (Varies based on oven.)
- Store in air tight container for up to 4 days.