Follow my easy, step-by-step guide to making your favorite gourmet coffee drink, the pumpkin spice latte, right in the comfort of your own home! This post is written in partnership with Meijer stores.
Coffee is my love language. Anyone else with me? In fact, the bolder the flavor the better.
Since fall has officially arrived, I thought it would be fun to recreate one of my favorite coffeehouse drinks at home: the pumpkin spice latte. Traditionally laden with artificial ingredients and way too much sugar for my liking, I’ve created the ultimate version that is rich, aromatic, and oh-so-yummy.
Meijer pumpkin pie spice adds rich aromas including cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. To sweeten, I use just a touch of pure maple syrup. Since the warm spices are so aromatic, you don’t need a lot of extra sugar to create a delicious drink.
What’s the best type of milk to use in a latte?
I recommend using whole milk for added frothiness and a creamy texture but you could certainly use low fat milk as well. Pumpkin spice coffee is a great option but if you don’t have that on hand, Costa Rican or House Blend work too.
What’s great is that you can literally get everything you need to make your favorite gourmet coffee drinks at home, right in one convenient shopping trip to Meijer.
Don’t forget to grab some whipped cream. Don’t worry, Meijer has that too.
You can replace with 2 teaspoons cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg and ½ teaspoon ground ginger.
I recommend doubling the normal amount. For example, if you’re brewing 4 cups of coffee I would use ½ cup ground coffee and 4 cups of water.
Absolutely! You can whisk ½ cup into the milk mixture. The consistency will be thicker but it would be just as delicious.
No forks required.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 4 cups freshly brewed Meijer coffee extra strong, any flavor such as Pumpkin Spice or House Blend
- 1 tablespoon Meijer pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons Meijer pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups Meijer True Goodness organic whole milk
- whipped cream optional topping
- To brew the extra strong coffee, I suggest ½ cup ground Meijer coffee with 4 cups water.
- While the coffee is brewing, whisk together pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, vanilla and milk in a small sauce pot over medium heat. Continue whisking until bubbles start to form around the edges.
- Fill four coffee mugs halfway with coffee then top with the warm milk mixture. Garnish with whipped cream and a pinch of cinnamon if you wish. Serve immediately.