Cauliflower is roasted until sweet and caramelized then drizzled with a briny, tangy and slightly spicy lemon caper jalapeño vinaigrette.
Whenever I cook for the holidays (both at blogging events or in real life!), I always prepare a healthy vegetable-centric dish. If there’s anything you can count on during the holidays it’s the fact that there will be no shortage of heavier dishes and sweet desserts.
The truth is, vegetables are usually an afterthought (or covered in butter and marshmallows) so I wanted to make them the star of the show again. My Roasted Cauliflower with a Lemon Caper Vinaigrette did just that. Filled with briny capers, fresh garlic, bright lemon juice and spicy jalapeno peppers, each bite of the caramelized roasted cauliflower is loaded in flavor.
The perfect complement to the heavier holiday dishes, your entire family will be so happy to see this unique and delicious Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon Caper Vinaigrette on the table.
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Cauliflower with Jalapeño Caper Vinaigrette
- 8 cups chopped cauliflower (roughly 1/2 inch pieces)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (divided)
Jalapeño Caper Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic (grated)
- 1 jalapeno (minced)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced capers
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Divide the cauliflower between both baking sheets (you want it in a single layer) and drizzle each sheet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Mix well with your hands to coat and bake in oven until caramelized and golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the jalapeño caper vinaigrette by combining the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper with the parsley, garlic, jalapeño, lemon juice and capers.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and pour into a large serving platter. Drizzle with the jalapeño caper vinaigrette to serve.