This easy and flavorful Asian-inspired soba noodle salad is perfect with any veggies you have on hand and can be served cold, warm or at room temperature.
Do you love Asian food as much as I do? I grew up eating dim sum, Vietnamese food, sushi and Thai and it has forever impacted how I feed my family – for the better! When P.F. Chang’s recently invited me to create an Asian inspired recipe celebrating their new Summer Seasonal menu, I couldn’t wait to get started. Asian ingredients such as cilantro, lime juice and Thai basil are not only full of flavor but they are naturally healthy and often low calorie which is why you see them appear on The Lemon Bowl frequently.
From Fresh Rolls with Shrimp and Honey Lime Slaw to Szechuan Green Beans and Ground Turkey to Shrimp Pho – Vietnamese Noodle Soup and everything in between, I would gladly eat Asian food any day of the week.
To celebrate their new menu, P.F. Chang’s is hosting a Flavors of the Season Sweepstakes where winners are selected daily throughout the month of July to win a $50.00 gift card to P.F. Chang’s. But wait, it gets better. One grand prize winner will be chosen to win a $500.00 P.F. Chang’s gift card!! If you win, can I join you for dinner? I’ve been craving Heirloom Tomato and Thai Basil salad on their new menu..yum.
My Soba Noodle Salad with Sesame Ginger Soy Vinaigrette features three of the new summer seasonal ingredients: green beans, carrots and lime. To give this salad a major flavor boost I made a vinaigrette packed with fresh ginger, sesame oil and a hint of heat from sombal oelek, a Thai chili paste. If you wish to keep the salad mild, just skip it. Want to use asparagus instead of green beans or red pepper slices instead of carrot? Go right ahead. Let the season (and your taste buds) guide you.
Your fork is waiting.
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 2 cups
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated fat: 7.5 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Sugar: 7.7 g
- Sodium: 32 mg
- Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 9.5 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- 8 oz Japanese soba noodles
- 2 cups green beans - trimmed and cut in 2 in. pieces
- 1 medium carrot - grated
- ½ cup scallions - minced
- 2 tablespoons black roasted sesame seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salty water to boil and add soba noodles. Cook according to package instructions adding the green beans 2 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Drain noodles and green beans in a strainer and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. (This keeps the beans bright green.)
- In the bottom of a medium bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette: lime juice, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, sesame oil and sambal oelek.
- Add the soba noodles and green beans to the bowl with the vinaigrette along with the grated carrot, scallions and black roasted sesame seeds. Toss well to coat and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Disclaimer: P.F. Chang’s compensated me for my time to develop this recipe. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.