This Asian inspired Asparagus Pasta Salad is tossed in a creamy, flavor-packed peanut dressing made with lime juice, garlic, and ginger.
My Asparagus Pasta Salad with creamy peanut sauce is ideal for outdoor dining, picnics, BBQ’s and more because it can be prepared in advance and lasts in the heat. In fact, I actually think it tastes a little better on the warm side. And don’t worry if you don’t have fresh asparagus in season, this recipe works well with broccoli, green beans, cauliflower and more!
- For the pasta salad: rotini, asparagus, grated carrots, diced scallions, and sliced almonds.
- For the creamy peanut sauce: lime juice, creamy peanut butter, soy sauce, grated ginger, grated garlic, and chili paste.
How to Make Asparagus Pasta Salad
Start your Asparagus Pasta Salad by cooking the pasta and blanching your asparagus.
Next in a dry pan, toast your almonds. This releases natural oils and enhances their flavor.
Then you’ll start your creamy peanut sauce by squeezing your lime juice.
Then add the creamy peanut butter.
Add the low-sodium soy sauce and start whisking it together.
Then use a microplane to freshly grate your garlic.
As well as your fresh ginger.
Finish with the chili paste and some salt and pepper.
To start assembling your salad, put the cooked pasta and blanched asparagus in a large bowl.
Next add the grated carrots and diced scallion.
Finish by drizzling in the creamy peanut sauce.
Serve topped with the toasted almonds and enjoy your Asparagus Pasta Salad!
Frequently Asked Questions:
When is asparagus in season?
Asparagus’ peak season is in the spring. It usually starts around beginning of March and goes through June.
Do you have to cook asparagus for pasta salad?
While asparagus can be eaten raw, I find the texture to be more pleasant if it’s been cooked or at least blanched.
How to store leftover pasta salad?
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Garlic Soy Marinated Flank Steak
- Easy Pan Seared Salmon
- Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Honey Mustard Salmon
Did you try this pasta salad? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Whether served at a summer picnic, or eaten inside in the winter, you’ll love my Asparagus Pasta Salad. Let me know how it goes in a comment!
Your fork is waiting.
Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces whole wheat rotini – cooked al dente (or short cut pasta of choice)
- 1 in bunch asparagus (cut 2 inch pieces)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- ¼ cup scallions (minced)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- Blanch asparagus by bringing a pot of salty water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove asparagus from the pan and immerse into a bowl of ice water. (The cold water will keep it bright green and stop the cooking process.)
- In the bottom of a large bowl, make the creamy peanut dressing by whisking together all ingredients (lime juice through sambal oelek.)
- Add cooked pasta, asparagus, carrots, scallions and toasted almonds to the bowl with the peanut dressing. Toss well until pasta is evenly coated.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.