Tangy goat cheese, fresh tangerine juice and honey are whipped together to create a delicious crostini topping that is perfect for entertaining.
Goat cheese is one of my favorite cheeses of all time. Tangy, creamy and extremely versatile – I could eat it every single day. While I typically use goat cheese in savory dishes, I know it also works well in sweets. In fact, one of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever had was made with goat cheese instead of the traditional cream cheese. For the love.
Today we are hosting a surprise virtual baby shower for my friend Audra who is expecting her first baby – a boy!! – early next year. I had the pleasure of meeting Audra (pictured above on the left next to Aggie) earlier this year at Food Blog Forum in Orlando. She was newly pregnant, I was 4 months and Aggie was about 5 1/2 months along so we all bonded instantly.
If you’ve never met Audra in person, she is exactly as you would expect – bubbly, friendly, outgoing and kind. She was completely glowing and exuding happiness. I could not be more thrilled for her and her family!!
Honey and Tangerine Whipped Goat Cheese Crostini are the ideal two-bite appetizer for any party or get together. Creamy goat cheese, sweet honey and bright tangerine juice are whipped together to create an addictive crostini topping that would be just as delicious as a dip for fresh fruit or eating alone with a giant spoon….
Happy Baby Shower Audra!!! xoxoxo
Espresso Salted Caramel Buttercream Brownie Bites by Keep It Sweet Desserts
Coconut-Cream Meringue Cupcakes by Tracey’s Culinary Adventures
Sausage and Cheese Wonton Cups by The Spiffy Cookie
Chocolate-Caramel Tart with Sea Salt by Eats Well with Others
Sugar & Spice Layer Cake by Girl Versus Dough
Chocolate Mousse Mini Cupcakes by Bake or Break
Gluten-Free Cranberry Bread by The Dusty Baker
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Brown Butter by Warm Vanilla Sugar
Mini Vanilla Cupcakes with Peppermint Buttercream by Baked by Rachel
Grapefruit Rosemary and Sage Spritzer by Nutmeg Nanny
Cinnamon Nut Stuffed Persimmons by Running to the Kitchen
Mini Gingerbread Whoopie Pies by Table for Two
Bananas Foster Cupcakes by Culinary Couture
Mini Eggnog Bundt Cakes with Salted Caramel Icing from The Corner Kitchen
- 30 slices French baguette bread - ½ in. thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz goat cheese - softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed tangerine juice (orange works too)
- 30 raspberries - garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and spread out evenly on pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 7-9 minutes. Let cool slightly before assembling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together softened goat cheese, honey and tangerine juice until light and fluffy. (Feel free to use a hand mixer or immersion blender to make this easier.)
- Spread honey whipped goat cheese mixture evenly on all 30 slices and place on a platter. Top each crostini with a raspberry before serving.