These sushi-inspired Cucumber Hummus Bites are scented with toasted sesame oil then topped with pickled ginger and roasted sesame seeds. The ultimate healthy snack recipe!
Two ingredients I always have in my refrigerator are Sabra hummus and English cucumbers. My boys will eat hummus with anything from a spoon to apple slices and the same goes for cucumbers. In fact, we frequently whip up a quick batch of my Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers to snack on while I’m cooking dinner.
Whether or not you have little ones at home, I think we can all agree: snacks are life. When my friends at Sabra asked me to create a healthy snack recipe, I decided to create a sushi-inspired Hummus Cucumber Bite with Pickled Ginger.
Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this healthy snack recipe takes just minutes to make. Hummus is mixed together in a bowl with soy sauce and sesame oil before before piped onto cucumber slices using a simple plastic bag.
For crunch and tanginess, I top each piece with pickled ginger and black roasted sesame seeds. Scallions would be great sprinkled on top as well!
While we typically eat these as a snack either after the gym or after school, they are beautiful and tasty enough to serve at a party.
What is your favorite healthy snack recipe? I’d love to hear from you.
No forks required.
Cucumber Hummus Bites with Pickled Ginger
- 1 English cucumber (sliced in rounds)
- 16 tablespoons Sabra Original Hummus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons pickled ginger ((about 16 pieces))
- black roasted sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Place cucumber slices on a large platter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hummus, soy sauce and sesame oil. Carefully scrape entire mixture into a pastry bag or a resealable plastic bag. If using a plastic bag, cut off a small tip at one corner for piping.
- Working one piece at a time, pipe about 1 tablespoon of the hummus mixture on to each cucumber piece. Top each with a piece of pickled ginger and sprinkle with black roasted sesame seeds to serve.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy snack recipes!
12 thoughts on “Hummus Cucumber Bites with Pickled Ginger”
My boyfriend was diagnosed with diabetes so I was in search of a healthy appetizer and this recipe was perfect. I used spicey hummus and paired with the pickled ginger, it gave it a great kick. And don’t skip the toasted seasame seeds. They add a wonderful flavor!
Oh I’m so glad!! I just love these as well!
I love this idea! These look delicious!
These are such pretty little bites. Perfect for entertaining.
I also always have cucumbers in my fridge and now we will (hopefully) have tons from our garden! These are so easy and look sooo good! Must make.
I do too!! I hope you love it!
These are SO unique! LOVE all the flavors!
This looks like a really satisfying snack.
I love pickled ginger, so these are a definite must-make this summer!
These look like a delicious, simple, and healthy snack bite!
You KNOW I am high-fiving this flavor combo. Brilliant!
These are such a great summer entertaining idea!