Table of Contents
These sweet and sticky chicken wings are baked, not fried, and turn out crispy and juicy every single time!
One of my favorite chicken recipes to make for family dinner or when I’m hosting guests is chicken wings. Wings are so versatile and there are many ways to enjoy them. Whether you like to dip your wings in ranch, BBQ sauce or prefer gnawing them down to the bone sans sauce, there is a chicken wing flavor for everyone!
Recently, I was inspired to create a new wings recipe since I’ve been stashing several packs of Smart Chicken® Party Wings in my fridge. The sweet, juicy, garlicky baked wings in this recipe are guaranteed to be a hit for your next special gathering.
- Smart Chicken® Party Wings: The best addition to any party! Not only does Smart Chicken® have delicious tasting chicken, but this brand also takes the utmost care in how they process their product. Their commitment to excellence gives me peace of mind.
- Cooking oil: I use and recommend canola oil to bake the chicken wings and olive oil for the honey garlic glaze due to the combination of flavors. However, feel free to use your oil of choice.
- Honey: Raw, unfiltered honey is the star of the honey garlic glaze. My all-time favorite honey is Hummingbee Honey. Once you try it, you’ll know why!
- Seasoning: Minced garlic, cayenne and salt and pepper come together for a savory combination of flavors in the honey garlic glaze, alongside honey and mustard.
- Mustard: Tangy and bold Dijon mustard is a surprising yet delicious touch for the honey garlic glaze — trust me on this! You can also use whole grain mustard.
How to Make Honey Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
To get started, first, pre-heat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Grab two packs of Smart Chicken® Party Wings, add them to a large bowl and pat them dry with a paper towel. By choosing Smart Chicken®, you’re cooking up a high quality food product from a brand leading the way — from the tender, moist, air-chilled quality to the chickens’ nutrition.
Second, toss the chicken wings to coat them with canola oil, salt and pepper. If you want to substitute canola oil, you could also use olive oil to bake the chicken. Both options will work great for cooking up juicy Smart Chicken®!
Third, place the coated wings in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet, about one inch apart. You can also use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat to line the baking sheet. Pop the chicken wings in the oven and bake them for about 25-30 minutes, until they are golden brown and crispy.
Next, while the chicken is baking, prepare the honey garlic glaze. Whisk together honey, garlic, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. A large bowl works best since you will be tossing the wings in the bowl when they come out of the oven.
Once the Smart Chicken® Party Wings are done baking near the 30-minute mark (and the aroma of juicy, flavorful baked chicken is filling your kitchen!) remove them from the oven. The chicken wings should be a light brown color.
Sixth, gently toss the mouthwatering wings in the honey garlic glaze. Make sure to coat the wings on all sides. I like to use tongs for this part (and reserve messy hands for the end, when I devour my plate of baked chicken wings!)
Finally, place the baked chicken wings warm on a large platter. Use a basting brush to coat the wings with any remaining honey garlic glaze.
To serve, garnish the tasty honey garlic chicken wings with scallions. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best way to reheat chicken wings?
Reheat these wings in the oven at 350°F until warm, for about 10 minutes. The oven will heat the meat through the skin without drying out the wings.
How long will honey garlic chicken wings last in the fridge?
Honey garlic chicken wings will last for 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Did you make this recipe? Share your creation and tag @TheLemonBowl on Instagram to be featured! Also, you should check out these recipes while you’re here:
- Sheet Pan Lebanese Chicken Shawarma
- Easy Roasted Chicken Pieces
- Shish Tawook Chicken
- Oven-Baked Crispy Chicken Wings
- Lemon and Soy Sauce Marinated Chicken Breasts
- Teriyaki Baked Chicken Thighs
No forks are required.
Honey Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds Smart Chicken Party Wings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and pat dry with a paper towel. Toss to coat with oil, salt and pepper then place in a single layer on a prepared baking sheet. Bake chicken wings until golden brown and crispy, about 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by whisking together all ingredients in a large bowl. Note: You will be tossing the wings in the bowl when they come out of the oven so a larger bowl works best!
- When wings are done baking, remove from oven and place in the bowl with the glaze. Gently toss the wings in the honey garlic glaze, allowing wings to get fully coated on all sides.
- Serve warm on a large platter and garnish with scallions if you wish.
Disclosure: This recipe was developed in partnership with Smart Chicken®. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.