Tangy goat cheese, fresh tangerine juice, and honey are whipped together to create a delicious crostini topping that is perfect for entertaining.
Goat cheese is one of my favorite cheeses of all time. Tangy, creamy, and extremely versatile – I could eat it every single day. While I typically use goat cheese in savory dishes, I know it also works well in sweets. Honey Tangerine Goat Cheese Crostini are the ideal two-bite appetizer or snack for any party or get together. Creamy goat cheese, sweet honey, and bright tangerine juice are whipped together to create an addictive crostini topping you’ll want to use again and again.
- French baguette: Long and thin, with an already crisp crust, a baguette is the perfect bread for small, toasted bites.
- Olive oil: The healthy oil used to get our crostini nice and crunchy.
- Goat cheese: Made in a wide variety of styles, we are using a soft, creamy goat cheese with no flavor additives like chives, commonly referred to as chèvre. It’s slightly sweet, tangy, and earthy in flavor.
- Honey: A great natural sweetener which flavor varies depending on the flower it derives from. Honey most commonly sold in stores comes from clover.
- Tangerine: A subgroup of mandarin oranges, tangerines tend to be sweeter than other fruits in the orange family, as well as having a brighter, stronger flavor.
How to Make Honey Tangerine Goat Cheese Crostini
First, cut your baguette into 30, roughly ½- 1 inch slices.
Next, lay out your baguette slices on a tin foil lined baking sheet, and drizzle with the olive oil. Pop them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 7-9 minutes.
While your baguette slices are toasting, get started on your goat cheese spread. In a small bowl, add your goat cheese.
Then add the honey. I prefer using local, raw honey, but use whatever you have.
Finish with your tangerine juice.
Make sure to stir well until everything is incorporated together into a smooth mixture.
Once you remove your baguette slices, let them cool a bit before assembling.
Place a dollop of goat cheese spread on each baguette slice and garnish with a tangerine wedge. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The goat cheese topping can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. I would recommend only toasting as many baguette slices as you plan on eating, because once they’re toasted, they don’t keep well. But the untoasted baguette can be kept in an airtight container either in the fridge or in the pantry.
Yes, it also makes a delicious fruit dip or as a topping for a waffle/pancake bar!
- Make it dairy free. Vegan goat cheese, which is usually made from cashews, has a similar texture and tangy flavor and will still work great.
- Switch out the fruit. If you don’t have tangerines, any citrus (orange, clementine, cutie) would work, but I also like using fresh raspberries or blueberries.
- Have a baby under 1? Babies under a year old cannot have honey, so if you’re like me and give your little ones whatever it is you’re eating, replace the honey with maple syrup or lite Karo syrup.
More Recipes for Entertaining
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mexican Layered Hummus Dip
- Honey Garlic Baked Chicken Wings
- Fried Pickle Chips with Cajun Buttermilk Ranch
- Hummus Cucumber Bites with Pickled Ginger
Whether it be for entertaining at a large party or a delicious snack for just you and some friends, I highly recommend giving this Honey Tangerine Goat Cheese Crostini a try.
No fork required.
Honey Tangerine Goat Cheese Crostini
- 30 slices French baguette bread ½ in. thick
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces goat cheese softened to room temperature
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed tangerine juice orange, mandarin or clementine works too
- 30 tangerine wedges garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Brush baguette slices with olive oil and spread out evenly on pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 7-9 minutes. Let cool slightly before assembling.
- Spread honey whipped goat cheese mixture evenly on all 30 slices and place on a platter. Top each crostini with a raspberry before serving.