A healthy spin on the bakery classic, this five-ingredient blueberry muffin oatmeal bowl is full of juicy berries, crunchy walnuts and coconut flakes.
After hearing such great feedback on my ultimate 90-second microwave oatmeal, I decided to share a few of my favorite mix-ins to help you take it to the next level and, most importantly avoid oatmeal boredom.
This blueberry muffin oatmeal bowl is inspired by the bakery classic that typically runs you 500+ calories a pop and is 80% refined carbohydrates. (Read: sugar spike followed by an energy crash.)
Made with plump blueberries, crunchy walnuts, flaked coconut and a pinch of nutmeg, this warm and hearty oatmeal bowl will hit all of the flavors you crave in a blueberry muffin without the added empty calories.
Full of omega-3’s, antioxidants and whole grains, this blueberry muffin oatmeal bowl is not only naturally gluten free but it is ready in just 90 seconds without having to dirty a pot or pan. Can you say winning?
Your spoon is waiting.
Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal Bowl
- 1 serving of The Ultimate 90 Second Microwave Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- maple syrup to sweeten optional
- If using fresh berries, simply stir the blueberries, walnuts, coconut flakes and nutmeg into The Ultimate 90 Second Microwave Oatmeal.
- If using frozen berries, stir all ingredients into one large bowl and microwave until blueberries are warmed through, about 90 seconds.
- Serve with maple syrup if you wish.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas are waiting for you on Pinterest!