Light, hearty and perfectly moist, these gluten-free banana nut muffins taste are high in protein, low carb and oh-so-delicious. The ultimate breakfast or snack recipe for on-the-go!
In this Post: Everything you need for Almond Flour Banana Nut Muffins (Gluten Free)
Once I started baking with almond flour I was immediately hooked! Light, nutty, and almost buttery in texture, I love how airy and moist baked goods turn out when made with almond flour instead of traditional all-purpose white flour.
The first time I experimented with baking with almond flour was when I created these super popular Almond Flour Blueberry Muffins. If you haven’t tried them yet you must. They’re lightly sweetened, moist, and naturally gluten-free.
Most recently I decided to turn the basic gluten-free muffin recipe into a sweet and crunchy banana nut muffin.
Since bananas are naturally sweet, you don’t need a lot of added sugar to this muffin batter. In fact, I only use a little bit of honey to sweeten the entire batch.
Frequently asked questions:
What is almond flour?
Almond meal, almond flour or ground almond is made from ground sweet almonds. Almond flour is usually made with blanched almonds, whereas almond meal can be made with whole or blanched almonds. The consistency is more like corn meal than wheat flour.
Can I replace honey with maple syrup?
To substitute maple syrup for honey in a recipe, use 3/4 cup of maple syrup and 1/2 cup sugar for every 1 cup of honey. You can replace molasses with maple syrup in a one-to-one ratio. In each case, both the taste and texture will be affected by the substitution. Maple syrup is thinner than both honey and molasses.
How long will gluten free muffins last in the freezer?
The gluten-free banana nut muffins will last up to 3 months in the freezer stored in plastic wrap. To reheat, simply remove plastic wrap and microwave for 60 seconds.
What other ingredients can be added to gluten free muffins?
Feel free to swap out the banana with 1 cup of any fruit such as grated apples, diced peaches or raspberries.
For crunch, texture and healthy fats I add in chopped walnuts but you could use pecans if you wish or skip the nuts entirely.
How Long Do the Muffins Have to Cool? I suggest cooling them on a baking rack for 15 minutes
No forks required.
Almond Flour Banana Nut Muffins (Gluten Free)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 and line 12 muffin tins with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- With the whisk attachment in a stand mixer, beat together eggs, egg whites, honey, olive oil, and vanilla over medium speed until combined.
- Slowly add the almond flour mixture into the wet mixture while running over medium speed until fully blended.
- Remove bowl from mixer and use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the bananas and walnuts.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoons, drop mixture evenly into lined muffin pan. It should be enough for 12 muffins. Bake for 25 minutes then let cool on cooling rack.
Find more healthy baked goods recipes on my Pinterest!