This moist and chewy gluten free blueberry oatmeal bread is lightly sweetened and packed with whole grains. A huge family favorite!
Baking season is well underway and my house has never smelled better! Admittedly, my husband is the head baker in our household (have you tried his famous hermit bars or pumpkin cheesecake?) but I can hold my own.
Recently my friend’s at Bob’s asked me to create a recipe using their Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour. While no one in our family has a gluten allergy, friends and readers frequently ask me for gluten free baking recipes and this mix is my go-to!
As a novice baker myself, I love that Bob’s takes the guess work out of gluten free baking. With this gluten free flour blend you simply turn any baked goods recipe into a gluten free recipe by swapping out all-purpose flour with this gluten free flour.
My Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Bread is not only free of gluten but it is packed with whole grains. Made with chewy oats and omega-3 packed flax seed meal, each serving is full of nutrients.
For added moisture and protein, I use plain unsweetened yogurt which keeps the loaf light and prevents it from being too dry. Fresh or frozen blueberries give it added natural sweetness and added flavor. Healthy enough for breakfast but good enough for dessert.
Your family is waiting.
Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Bread
- 1.5 cups Gluten Free 1:1 Baking Flour Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs large
- 1 1/2 cups plain low fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a bread pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, flax seed meal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl or an electric stand mixer, beat together eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries before pouring into prepared bread pan. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, approximately one hour.
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
View more of my gluten free recipes on my Pinterest board!