This easy homemade chocolate granola recipe is scented with cinnamon and filled with whole grains, nuts and flax seed.
We make granola on the regular in our house and in fact, I’ve been making this Mexican Hot Chocolate Granola for weeks but and am so excited to finally share it with all of you.
Filled with warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg plus two types of chocolate, your family is going to love this addictive snack. A pinch of cayenne gives it a little kick but feel free to add more or omit it entirely.
Since the granola is tossed with honey and olive oil, I find the subtle hint of heat is the perfect spice to balance out the sweetness of this chocolatey granola.
What are your favorite granola ingredients and mix-ins? I’d love to hear from you.
No forks required.
Homemade Mexican Hot Chocolate Granola Recipe
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with oven-safe parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together first 8 ingredients: honey through cayenne.
- Toss in all remaining ingredients (oats through flax seed meal) and stir until everything is evenly coated with chocolate mixture.
- Spread oat and nut mixture evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool on pan for 30 minutes then break up granola into bite-sized pieces.
- Toss together granola with chocolate chips before serving.
Want more easy Healthy Snack Recipes? Head over to Pinterest!