Naturally gluten free and paleo, these crispy, oven-baked chicken tenders are made with almond meal. No oil or butter required!
Earlier this month I kicked off a new series of live, in-person events called #BeatsAndBites.
An adults only cocktail party complete with a live DJ, incredible food and delicious cocktails, I couldn’t wait to welcome a few of my favorite people into my house for an amazing night of fun.
As someone who loves to entertain and is passionate about the recipes she creates, it was such a special treat to welcome people into my home so I could cook for them.
What can I say, I’m a sucker for any excuse to throw a good party, Can you blame me?
In my mind, there’s really no better combination than good food and good music. More to come on the party in the weeks to come but in the meantime, I can’t wait to show you how I made one of the most popular appetizers of the evening: Paleo Baked Chicken Tenders.
I originally made these almond flour crusted chicken breasts for dinner one night then realized they would be the perfect appetizer if you cut the chicken into tenders.
Of course, how you cut the chicken doesn’t matter but if you do keep the breasts whole, I suggest using a meat mallet to pound the chicken thin a bit.
Next up, you dip each chicken tender in egg wash followed by almond flour mixed with your favorite seasonings.
For these tenders I used a classic combination of garlic powder, onion powder and other pantry staples but feel free to get creative. Lemon pepper, jerk seasoning, cajun spices or parmesan cheese would all be delicious!
You know they turned out great when the DJ gives you the sign of approval.
For dipping sauce, I love to mix Sriracha with ketchup but you could do honey mustard sauce or barbecue sauce or even marinara.
Thank you again to everyone who came to my party and stay tuned for more fun #BeatsAndBites experiences!
In the meantime, let me know what you think of these chicken tenders when you make them at home. Looking for an alternative option? Try my Sesame Crusted Baked Chicken Fingers instead!
No forks required.
Paleo Baked Chicken Tenders with Sriracha Ketchup
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Before you begin assembling chicken tenders, create a little assembly line with a large plate and two pie dishes.
- Crack the eggs into one of the pie dishes and whisk well; set aside. In the second pie dish, add the almond flour, garlic powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt and cayenne. Mix well.
- Working one by one, dip each chicken tender into the egg wash to coat then place in the almond flour mix and move around until all sides are coated. Place in a single layer on baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning the chicken once at the 10 minute mark. While chicken is baking, whisk together the ketchup and the Sriracha. Serve cooked chicken tenders with the Sriracha ketchup.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Bob’s Red Mill Brand Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Looking for more gluten free recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!