Rosemary sweet potato fries is on of my favorite go-to weeknight side dishes. After throwing a couple of ingredients into a large plastic bag, the oven pretty much does the rest of the work. They are kid-friendly and husband approved. More importantly? They taste fantastic and are loaded in nutritional benefits. Here are a few I’d like to share with you today:
- Boost Immune System: Regular consumption of sweet potatoes can actually strengthen your immune system and help you resist infection.
- Diabetes Friendly: High in fiber, this root vegetable helps regular blood sugar while also helping stabilize and lower insulin levels.
- Muscle Cramps: Potassium levels in sweet potato can help prevent muscle cramps and avoid injury.
- Colon Health: Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber helping to promote colon health and prevent constipation.
- Anti-Oxidant: Loaded in anti-oxidants, sweet potatoes can help reduce inflammation and fight disease.
- Fetal Development: Folate, an important nutrient for women pregnant or trying to become pregnant, is found in sweet potatoes which promotes healthy fetus and cell development.
- Heart Health: Consumption of sweet potatoes can help prevent heart attack and stroke due to the high potassium content. They also promote normal heart function and blood pressure.
There are articles out there that focus on the benefits of sweet potatoes. Check these ones out:
- Sweet Potato Benefits for Bodybuilders
- The health benefits of sweet potato
- Are Sweet Potatoes Good for You or Not?
Who’s hungry for some fries?
Your family is waiting.
Baked Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into wedges
- 1½ tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs rosemary dried
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp season salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line two large baking sheets with foil; set aside.
- Place sweet potato wedges in a large Zip-loc bag (or bowand add olive oil, rosemary (crushed in palm to release flavor), garlic powder, season salt and pepper.
- Shake well to combine and make sure every potato wedge is evenly coated in oil and seasonings.
- Spray the foil-lined baking sheets with non-stick spray then lay wedges on both pans in an event layer. It is crucial not to over lap potatoes to avoid steaming and promote crisp fries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so with a spatula.