Oven-baked and not fried, these Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries are both easy to prepare and guaranteed to be loved by all. The ultimate nutritious side dish!
Rosemary sweet potato fries is one of my favorite go-to weeknight side dishes. After throwing a couple of ingredients into a large bowl bag, the oven pretty much does the rest of the work.
To start, slice the sweet potatoes into long slices then cut into strips. Alternatively, you can also cut into larger wedges.
Next, toss the potatoes with olive oil, salt and any spices you wish. I love using fresh rosemary but you could use dried rosemary as well. I also love adding garlic powder, season salt, and cayenne. Cumin or za’atar would work great also.
Frequently asked questions:
How Do You Get Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries?
The secret to crispy baked sweet potato fries is not to over-crowd the pan. Line the potatoes in a single layer on the pan leaving a bit of space around each potato. If you crowd the pan they will steam resulting in mushy fries. Use two pans if you need to! Be sure to bake at 400 degrees.
What dipping sauces do you suggest for these fries?
Ketchup is the normally the standard if you’re talking to my husband of kids but if you want to kick things up a notch trying having these with my creamy tahini garlic mayo.
They are kid-friendly and husband approved. More importantly? They taste fantastic and are loaded in nutritional benefits.
Who’s hungry for some fries?
Your family is waiting.
Baked Rosemary Sweet Potato Fries
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line two large baking sheets with foil; set aside.
- Place sweet potato wedges in a large Zip-loc bag (or bowl) and add olive oil, rosemary (crushed in palm to release flavor), garlic powder, season salt and pepper.
- Shake well to combine and make sure every potato wedge is evenly coated in oil and seasonings.
- Spray the foil-lined baking sheets with non-stick spray then lay wedges on both pans in an event layer. It is crucial not to over lap potatoes to avoid steaming and promote crisp fries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so with a spatula.
Find more amazing side dish recipes on my Pinterest!