This fast and easy soup recipe is made with sweet Italian sausage, hearty kale and creamy white beans.
We make soup at least once a week, all year round. One soup in particular that is on a constant rotation is this hearty Italian sausage, kale and white bean soup.
My kids love Italian sausage and white beans so I almost always have them on hand. We buy bags of kale each week for smoothies so this is a great dish to have on hand when the greens start to get a bit wilted. Spinach would work well too.
In fact, if I’m not making this soup I’m making this sausage, bean and kale pasta. What can I say? I love a one pot dish.
If you want to give this soup a bit of a kick, use hot Italian sausage or sprinkle in a little chili flakes. Freshly grated parmesan is always delicious sprinkled on top before serving as well.
Your spoon is waiting.
Sausage, Kale and Bean Soup
- 4 links Italian turkey sausage or pork
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 8 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 15 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 4 cups kale torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat and spark with cooking spray. Add diced onion and garlic and cook until translucent, about 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove sausage from casings and brown in pan along with the onions, breaking up with wooden spoon or potato masher into bite-sized pieces. Cook until sausage is golden brown, about 8-9 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth using a wooden spoon to scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add tomatoes and breans then bring pot to a boil. Stir in kale then reduce to low. Simmer for 20 minutes. Check for seasoning before serving,
Check out my Pinterest board to view my other soup recipes!