A slow cooker version of the traditional Filipino chicken adobo, this easy recipe takes just minutes to prepare and results in perfectly moist, tender and flavorful chicken.
You guys can’t seem to get enough slow cooker chicken recipes and guess what? Neither can I! Easy, versatile and packed with protein, there is just something so magical about transforming chicken into a healthy dinner that basically cooks itself in a slow cooker.
It’s a traditional Filipino dish made with just a few basic pantry staples including soy sauce, vinegar, and peppercorns.
The dish works best with bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs but you could definitely swap out for breasts. The skin and bones remove easily just before serving but keep the meat nice and tender throughout the long cook process.
Sprinkle with bright scallions and serve on top of brown rice for a satisfying, protein-packed dinner that tastes nothing like healthy food.
Your fork is waiting.
Slow Cooker Filipino Chicken Adobo
- 20 ounces chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- ⅓ cup soy sauce low sodium
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 8 black peppercorns whole
- 3 bay leaves
- rice to serve optional
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir once to make sure chicken is evenly coated in sauce. Heat on Low for 4 hours or High for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and place on a platter. Drizzle with the sauce and serve with rice if you wish.