Chuck roast cooks in a sweet and sour liquid bath all day, delivering meat that shreds like butter, alongside tender vegetables making the meal complete.
If you love Asian food and slow cooking as much as I do, you’re going to love this flavor-packed Slow Cooker Hoisin Pot Roast recipe. Featured in Good Fast Eats, this recipe is just one of many quick meal solutions from my friend Amy’s new cookbook.
With most recipes ready in 25-30 minutes, this is the ultimate cookbook for anyone looking to streamline the dinnertime process. Made with 98% from-scratch ingredients, each recipe is delicious, well-rounded and family-friendly.
Of course, you know me, the minute I laid eyes on the Slow Cooker Hoisin Pot Roast, I knew I had to share it with all of you. Made with fragrant hoisin, spicy Sriracha, salty soy sauce and sweet honey, each bite is rich in flavor and perfectly balanced.
Potatoes, carrots and onions soak up all of the juices as the beef chuck roasts cooks making this easy slow cooker recipe a complete meal on a plate. For more easy and delicious recipes like this one, be sure to grab a copy of Amy’s new book today!
Your fork is waiting.
Slow Cooker Hoisin Pot Roast
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large russet potato peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots cut in half
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ketchup, soy sauce, sriracha, honey, hoisin, chicken broth, and salt. Set aside.
- Rub the beef all over with the olive oil; and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, over medium-high heat, brown the beef for about 2 minutes per side.
- Place the browned beef on top of the onion, carrots, and potato in a 6-quart slow cooker. Give the broth mixture a whirl and pour over the top; turn to coat. Give everything one more grind of salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board and, using two forks, shred the meat.
- Serve the beef and vegetables on individual plates with some of the sauce.
Head over to my Pinterest board to view all my Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes!