Perfect for entertaining, these strawberry mojitos are fresh and fruity.
Summer is still in full swing here in Michigan so I hope you don’t mind me sneaking in one last strawberry recipe before we head into apple and pumpkin allthethings. With the long holiday weekend right around the corner I thought it would be fun to share one of my favorite cocktails for entertaining: strawberry mojitos.
This mojito recipe is extremely versatile so if you have fresh peaches, blackberries or blueberries on hand, feel free to swap those out for the strawberries. Heck, if you don’t have mint on hand go ahead and use fresh basil or rosemary.
Whatever you do, don’t skimp on the fresh lime juice. The tart citrus flavor balances out the fruity, ripe fruit and sugar creating a perfectly balanced cocktail that isn’t cloyingly sweet.
Ideal for entertaining, you can prep a big pitcher ahead of time and simply top with club soda before service.
Your straw is waiting.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (quartered)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 limes (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces light rum
- 2 cups club soda
- In a large pitcher, muddle the strawberries, mint, lime wedges and sugar using the back of a wooden spoon or a cocktail muddler..
- Pour in the rum and stir.
- Fill four glasses with ice and pour mixture until glass is 3/4 full.
- Top each glass with club soda before garnishing with additional mint and strawberries to serve.