Turkey burgers are a staple in our house all year round but I especially enjoy making them when I can grill outdoors. Adding sauteed garlicky spinach is a great way to add moisture, boost flavor and fill your family’s dinner with vitamins and nutrients. Leafy greens are a vital component to a healthy diet and most of us aren’t getting enough of them. If you’re worried about picky eaters, you could certainly mince the spinach and hide it a la Jessica Seinfeld but I’m not a huge fan of hiding healthy food from kids. Of course, my 8 month old didn’t join us for burgers this evening so who am I to say?
My picky husband ate two of these and gave rave reviews. In our house, that the same as a 2 year old’s approval.
Your grill is waiting.
- 4 c spinach
- 1 clove garlic - grated
- 1 tbs worcestershire sauce
- 20 oz ground turkey breast
- 2 tbs onion - grated
- 1 tsp grill seasoning (such as McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning)
- 4 sundried tomatoes packed in oil - minced
- Pre-heat the grill to high.
- Heat medium frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds before adding spinach and Worcestershire sauce.
- Saute for 5 minutes until wilted; set aside to cool in a medium bowl.
- Once spinach has cooled, use a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Add ground turkey, grated onion, grill seasoning and sundried tomatoes.
- Form into burgers and grill until well done (about 4-5 minutes per side depending on thickness.)