Roasted broccoli is served with a sweet and spicy hoisin dipping sauce to create this gluten free and kid-friendly side dish.
During the cold winter months, I love roasting vegetables to create simple and nutritious side dishes. The oven adds a little extra warmth in the kitchen while allowing the natural sugars in the vegetables to caramelize.
Since you know I love keeping a well-stocked Asian pantry, I decided to throw together a simple hoisin dipping sauce to go alongside the broccoli. Sweet, sticky and slightly spicy, it is the perfect complement to the earthy, nutty flavor of the roasted broccoli.
If you don’t think your children like broccoli, I urge you to try this cooking method. The same thing goes for cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels, beets and more. As you can see, my Sous Chef couldn’t keep his paws off this dish!
Your fork is waiting.
- 4 cups broccoli - cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black roasted sesame seeds - optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss together broccoli with olive oil and salt. Spread in an even layer on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- While broccoli is roasting, whisk together hoisin dipping sauce by combining all ingredients (hoisin through samba oelek) in a small bowl.
- Garnish roasted broccoli with black roasted sesame seeds and serve with hoisin dipping sauce.
Love broccoli? Check out these other delicious ideas for Food Network’s #FallFest!
Jeanette’s Healthy Living: Garlicky Cheesy Broccoli Gratin
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Italian Broccoli with Garlic, Chiles and Parmigiano Reggiano
Red or Green: Szechuan Broccoli and Chicken
Virtually Homemade: Roasted Broccoli with Garlic, Parmesan and Lemon
Dishing: Broccoli Soup
Weelicious: Broccoli Salad
Elephants and the Coconut Trees: Broccoli and Bell Pepper Soup
The Sensitive Epicure: Pureed Broccoli with Garlic
Domesticate Me: Roasted Broccoli, Chicken and Cheddar Quinoa Bake
Dishin & Dishes: Broccoli Garlic Pancetta Quiche
FN Dish: When Broccoli Meets Cheddar
Learn more about living gluten free! Visit http://udisglutenfree.com/
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Udi’s Gluten Free. The opinions and text are all mine.