Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers is sweet, tender, and melts in your mouth as the flavors caramelize in the oven.
Do you love roasted red peppers as much as I do? Sweet, tender, and packed with vitamins, they are a perfect addition to pizzas, salads, and antipasto platters. I love pairing red peppers with plenty of roasted veggies, but a favorite is Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers. It’s the perfect side dish to any dinner item.
- Red pepper: Of all the bell peppers, red peppers are the sweetest and as I’ve mentioned, roast to be super tender.
- Asparagus: Earthy and somewhat bittersweet, it’s a great source of fiber, folate, and vitamins.
- Olive oil: A heart-healthy oil, it’s subtle fruity and nutty flavor pairs well with most vegetables.
- Lemon: This recipe calls for the zest and juice of one lemon, which adds pure, strong citrus flavor.
- Salt & pepper: Enhances the flavors of the asparagus and peppers.
How to Make Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers
Start by trimming off the bottoms of your asparagus stalks and slicing your red bell pepper.
Then put all of the asparagus and red pepper slices in a large resealable bag.
Drizzle in the olive oil.
Then add the lemon zest on top.
And the freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Finish by sprinkling in the salt and freshly ground pepper.
Seal the bag and shake it up to get everything evenly coated.
Then lay the asparagus and red peppers in an even layer on a prepared baking sheet. Throw in the oven at 450 degrees and roast for 15-20 minutes.
Garnish with fresh lemon juice and serve your Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you make this recipe on the grill?
Yes! This recipe can be done on the grill in a vegetable basket or a tin foil boat.
What spices pair well with asparagus?
Asparagus is often seasoned with herbs like basil, rosemary, and thyme. I also season it with za’atar frequently, which is a Middle Eastern spice blend.
Should asparagus be blanched before roasting?
You can, but you don’t have to!
More SIde Dishes
- Lebanese Green Beans with Tomatoes
- Greek Herb Salad
- Roasted Eggplant with Za’atar and Tahini Sauce
- Smashed Chickpea Salad with Dill
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
Did you try this recipe? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your dish.
What did you pair with your Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers? Let me know in the comments!
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Asparagus with Red Peppers
- 1 red pepper (cored and sliced)
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Trim asparagus (snap off end) and place in a large zip loc bag.
- Add red pepper slices, olive oil, zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Seal bag and shake to evenly coat.
- Spread veggies in an even layer on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.