Top 5 Reasons To Eat This Tonight:
- Fight Cancer: Cauliflower is loaded in antioxidants that lower the risk of oxidative stress to our cells. Chronic oxidative stress is a key risk factor for most types of cancer.
- Cheap: Cauliflower is readily available and extremely affordable. One large head will easily feed four for less than a dollar a serving.
- Digestive Health: For every 100 calories consumed, cauliflower packs close to 12 grams of fiber. Cauliflower also produces sulforaphane which has been shown to protect the lining the stomach.
- Delicious: Roasting vegetables allows the flavors to caramelize, develop, and shine. If you’re still boiling your vegetables, please stop.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Cauliflower contains Vitamin K which is an anti-inflammatory nutrient. Similar to preventing oxidative stress, cauliflower also prevents inflammation which can lead to cardiovascular diseases and many forms of cancer.
Your fork is waiting.
Sesame Roasted Cauliflower
The perfect add for your meatless meal rotation, this roasted cauliflower dish is easy to make and carries all the health benefits of eating cauliflower.
- 8 c cauliflower florets 1 large head or 2 medium heads
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cilantro optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large zip-loc bag and add sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Shake well to coat evenly and pour onto a large baking sheet. (Tip: Line with foil and spray with non-stick spray for easy clean-up.)
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro before serving.
Excellent source of Vitamin C
Calories: 80kcalCarbohydrates: 10.6gProtein: 4gFat: 3.6gSaturated Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 342mgFiber: 5g