Top 5 Reasons To Eat This Tonight:
- Fight Cancer: Cauliflower is loaded in antioxidants that lower the risk of oxidative stress to our cells. Chronic oxidative stress is a key risk factor for most types of cancer.
- Cheap: Cauliflower is readily available and extremely affordable. One large head will easily feed four for less than a dollar a serving.
- Digestive Health: For every 100 calories consumed, cauliflower packs close to 12 grams of fiber. Cauliflower also produces sulforaphane which has been shown to protect the lining the stomach.
- Delicious: Roasting vegetables allows the flavors to caramelize, develop and shine. If you’re still boiling your vegetables, please stop.
- Anti-Inflammatory: Cauliflower contains Vitamin K which is an anti-inflammatory nutrient. Similar to preventing oxidative stress, cauliflower also prevents inflammation which can lead to cardiovasucal diseases and many forms of cancer.
Your fork is waiting.
Sesame Roasted Cauliflower
- 8 c cauliflower florets 1 large head or 2 medium heads
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cilantro optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place cauliflower florets in a large zip-loc bag and add sesame oil, salt and pepper.
- Shake well to coat evenly and pour onto a large baking sheet. (Tip: Line with foil and spray with non-stick spray for easy clean-up.)
- Roast for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro before serving.