The ultimate fall punch for entertaining, this apple cider sangria recipe is made with spicy ginger beer, fresh apple cider and dry white wine.
Does anyone else love fall entertaining season as much as I do? Between the endless array of birthday parties (it seems everyone in my immediate and extended family was born in the fall), the Homecoming Parade, Halloween, Thanksgiving and more – there is always a party around the corner this time of year!
We bought our new house last year with the intention of having the space to host friends and family. As a result, I love volunteering to host family dinners, birthday parties and other gatherings as much as possible.
To avoid stress the day of the party, I love creating menus filled with items I can prep a day or more ahead of time. This beautiful Apple Cider Sangria is no exception!
Made with dry white wine, locally sourced apples from my local Meijer, apple cider and spicy ginger beer, this sangria is not only great for making ahead of time – it actually tastes better after it sits a day or two!
While totally optional, I love throwing in a cinnamon stick and a star of anise pod to the pitcher to add a bit of warm to the sangria. Before serving, frozen cranberries are tossed on top of each glass for garnish.
Not only does this make the glass of sangria more beautiful but it helps keep the drink chilled. How perfect is that?
Your friends are waiting.
Apple Cider Sangria
- 1 bottle dry white wine such as Chardonnay or Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups apple cider
- 24 ounces ginger beer
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 orange sliced
- 2 apples cored and sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick optional
- 1 star of anise pod optional
- frozen cranberries optional garnish
- In a large pitcher, stir together wine, apple cider, ginger beer and lemon juice. Add orange an apple slices, as well as a cinnamon stick and star of anise pod if using. Let sit for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Serve sangria over ice and garnish with frozen cranberries if you wish.
Disclosure: This post is written in partnership with Meijer stores. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. Photography by Alejandro Photography.
Want more fantastic drink ideas?? Head over to my Pinterest board for recipe inspiration!