The perfect make-ahead breakfast or brunch recipe, your friends and family will love this easy and delicious Apple Raspberry French Toast Bake.
We love splurging on crusty, artisan bread from a local bakery on the weekends. This overnight french toast bake is the ideal use for bread that is starting to get a bit stale but is too good to waste.
Made with chewy, whole grain bread, ripe raspberries and cinnamon-spiced apple butter, this ultimate baked french toast recipe is ideal for entertaining or feeding a hungry family.
For added protein, omega-3’s and a crunchy texture, I like to top the french toast bake with chopped walnuts. You can always swap out for pecans or almonds – just use whatever your family likes best or feel free to omit entirely.
With berry season around the corner, this versatile breakfast recipe works great with any type of fruit including strawberries, peaches, blackberries and more. Just don’t forget the pure maple syrup.
Your fork is waiting.
Baked Apple Raspberry French Toast
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray then layer the bread slices on the bottom of the pan. (It's ok if pieces overlap and you can also halve them to fill in gaps.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, apple butter, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour mixture on top of the bread making sure that each slice is fully immersed in the liquid.
- Sprinkle evenly with raspberries, walnuts and brown sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, pre-head oven to 350 degrees and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Serve with maple syrup and butter if you wish.
Want more Healthy Breakfast Ideas?