Chicken and vegetables are drizzled with a sesame ginger sauce and cooked in a tightly packed foil pouch to ensure tender, juicy chicken and flavorful veggies every time. An easy, gluten free Asian dinner recipe!
Now that school is in full swing, I’m a huge fan of make ahead dinners. These Asian Chicken and Veggie Foil Packets are not only great for prepping in advance but you can throw them on the grill or in the oven – whichever you prefer!
Truly a mess-free dinner, you simply top chicken with your favorite veggies (we used zucchini, asparagus, onions and peppers) then drizzle with a fragrant ginger sesame sauce.
Since the chicken and vegetables cook in a tightly wrapped foil packet, steam cooks the dish ensuring tender, juicy chicken every time.
If it’s nice enough to grill, I highly recommend cooking it that way but in case you’re reading this and there’s a foot of snow out your window, they taste just as good when cooked in the oven.
We love eating the chicken and veggies with brown rice or farro but it would be great with anything from pasta to freekeh to spelt! Even better, keep it low carb and serve with a side of my Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers.
Your fork is waiting.
Asian Chicken and Vegetable Foil Packets
- 4 six-ounce chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 2 cups sliced raw vegetables such as zucchini, asparagus, onion, bell peppers, etc.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill on high heat or oven to 375 degrees. Tear out 4 pieces of foil and lay two pieces on top of one another. Spray center of foil with a little non-stick cooking spray to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Top each piece of foil with chicken and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Place ½ cup of sliced veggies on top of each piece of chicken; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Ginger Sesame Soy Glaze. Drizzle evenly on top of each chicken and vegetable pouch. Bring the two wide ends of the foil together and fold to seal. Gently fold in the smaller ends of the packet and continue to fold until tightly secured. Leave a bit of room in the packet for steam to form.
- Grill for 20-25 minutes, turning once, or place in the oven for 35-40 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through.) Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to serve if you wish.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Check out my Pinterest board to see more healthy and easy dinner recipes!