This Asian spin on a classic chicken salad is full of fragrant scallions, toasted sesame oil and crunchy roasted almonds. A naturally gluten free, low carb and paleo lunch recipe!
My Aunt Paula and Uncle Randy eat a very clean, low carb and high protein diet. As a result, they’ve both lost over a combined total of 100 pounds in the last several years.
Since I am always looking for fast and easy healthy recipes, I love to pick their brain for new ideas. Specifically, I know that my aunt packs my uncle’s lunch every day (he’s a postal worker!) so I was very interested in make-ahead lunch recipes.
Most recently, Aunt Paula told me about this naturally gluten free and paleo Asian chicken salad recipe. Packed with plenty of fragrant scallions, a hint of toasted sesame oil and topped with crunchy roasted almonds, this recipe is ideal for making ahead of time and grabbing for a quick lunch throughout the week.
To keep it low carb, I love serving it over a bed of baby arugula but any greens or your favorite sandwich bread would work. Even more time is saved by using shredded rotisserie chicken but any leftover cooked chicken works great.
Your fork is waiting.
Asian Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- ½ cup scallions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup sliced natural almonds (toasted)
- 4 cups organic baby arugula (to serve)
- Toast natural almonds in a 350 oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 6-8 minutes; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, scallions, Sriracha, mayo and sesame. Using a fork, toss together until chicken is evenly coated.
- Serve over a bed of arugula and sprinkle with toasted almonds to serve.
This sounds ahhhhmazing!
This is my kind of food – clean, low carb, high protein – YES. I feel good just looking at it. :)
I love that your Aunt and Uncle are living such a healthy lifestyle, good for them!
You would love this!!! It’s also good with our favorite crackers. ;)
I can’t wait to try this, this sounds SO good!
I hope you love it!
I love switching up chicken salad… this is such a great idea!
I need to do it more often!! Curry is good too!