This 10-minute Asian chicken cabbage soup recipe is full of classic flavors like fresh ginger and toasted sesame oil.
At least two or three days a week, soup is my go-to lunch. Easy, versatile and nutritious, I love transforming pantry staples and fresh ingredients into a warm and comforting meal.
This Asian Chicken and Cabbage Soup recipe is a dish I make frequently. Using handy short cuts like shredded rotisserie chicken and relying on my well-stocked Asian pantry, the whole meal comes together in just 10 minutes.
Instead of noodles, I like to use shredded cabbage to keep the dish low carb yet still high in protein. Of course, rice noodles would work well too. For garnishes go crazy with whatever you have on hand such as cilantro, jalapeño slices or extra hoisin sauce.
Your spoon is waiting.
Asian Chicken Cabbage Soup Recipe
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- chili paste optional
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded, such as rotisserie
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro, jalapeno slices optional garnish
- Heat sesame oil over medium heat in a stock pot. Add ginger, garlic and chili paste and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar and hoisin sauce. Whisk to combine then increase heat to high. Bring to a boil then add in shredded chicken breast and cabbage. Reduce to low and simmer until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with cilantro or jalapeño slices to serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Need more satisfying dinner ideas?? For more Asian-inspired recipes head to my Pinterest board!