This fresh and healthy entree salad is made with fresh veggies, lemony chicken cubes and a creamy tahini garlic dressing.
As the weather heats up, I love leaning into entree salads for a light and satisfying dinner. Chicken salads always go over well in my family and since I almost always have a pack of Smart Chicken in my refrigerator, I make them often.
Boneless skinless Smart Chicken breasts are hand-trimmed and pan-ready. They’re never processed with any flavoring solutions or tenderizers—just pure, wholesome chicken that’s air-chilled to remain tender and succulent.
Whether it’s a curried chicken salad, a chicken caesar salad or an Asian-inspired chicken chopped salad, I am a huge fan of chicken salads because they’re flavor-packed, high protein, and low carb.
This chicken salad with tahini dressing is made with tender boneless, skinless Smart Chicken breasts which I cube and marinate briefly in lemon, garlic and olive oil. The lemon acts as a tenderizer adding bright acidity which balances the fragrant, slightly spicy garlic.
How To Make Chicken Marinade and Tahini Dressing
Start by whisking together the chicken marinade. Since Smart Chicken breasts are already quite tender, you don’t need to marinate the chicken very long.
In fact, lemon juice is a natural meat tenderizer and if left on the chicken too long it will start to cook. As such, I don’t recommend marinating the chicken any longer than 30 minutes. You’ll get a big burst of flavor-enhancement in as little as five minutes!
To make the tahini sauce, you simply whisk together creamy tahini (a sesame seed paste) with lemon juice, garlic and salt.
You’ll need to add a little warm water to thin the dressing. I start with two tablespoons then add a little more, one tablespoon at a time, until I reach desired consistency.
Next, it’s time to cook the chicken by sautéing the marinated cubes in a large skillet over medium-high heat. As you cook the Smart Chicken you’ll notice that there is no added liquid that comes out as the chicken cooks. That’s because Smart Chicken is 100% pure air chilled, without added water.
Prepare the Leafy Greens and Veggies
While the chicken is cooking, begin assembling your bowls of salad.
This is a great opportunity to use up any fresh leafy greens and veggies you have on hand or picked up at the farmers market.
We love radishes, tomatoes, cucumbers and thinly sliced red onion but feel free to use whatever your family enjoys the most.
To serve, top each bowl of salad greens with cooked chicken and drizzle with tahini dressing to taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy tahini?
You can find tahini in most large grocery stores, international markets or you can purchase it online here. Ziyad is my preferred brand of choice due to the consistency.
Does Smart Chicken contain antibiotics?
Smart Chicken is raised and processed with attention to detail every step of the way. Chickens are fed a high-quality diet, humanely handled, and never given antibiotics, hormones, or animal by-products. All Smart Chicken is 100% pure air chilled, without added water. The result is the best-tasting, highest-quality fresh chicken on the market.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes any type of boneless Smart Chicken works great.
How far in advance can I prepare the tahini dressing?
The tahini dressing will last up to 5 days in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. If it thickens up over time, simply thin with a little warm water.
Your fork is waiting.
Chicken Salad with Tahini Dressing
- 6 cups chopped lettuce (such as romaine or red leaf)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 3 radishes (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cucumber (diced)
- 2 Smart Chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Place salad ingredients (lettuce through cucumber) in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together Smart Chicken breast cubes with lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and chili flakes; set aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the tahini dressing ingredients (tahini through salt and pepper.) If the mixture is thick, add a little more warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and whisk until you reach desired consistency.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated chicken breast cubes to the pan and saute until golden brown, about 7-9 minutes.
- To assemble salads, divide salad between four bowls and top with cooked chicken cubes and drizzle with tahini dressing.
Disclosure: This recipe is written in partnership with Smart Chicken. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible.