Banana slices are dipped in melted dark chocolate then sprinkled with sea salt before being frozen until firm. An easy, kid-friendly dessert recipe.
Dessert isn’t something I crave regularly but when I do, it better have chocolate. Since my boys are both in that phase of always wanting to help in the kitchen, these Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana Bites were super fun to make.
The best part? They require no crazy, in-depth recipe or cook time You simply melt dark chocolate (or milk chocolate if you prefer!) over a double boiler and dunk the banana slices until coated.
Before popping them in the freezer, I like to sprinkle on a pinch of sea salt. The saltiness balances perfectly with the sweet bananas and creamy dark chocolate.
The best part? Five pieces have less than 200 calories! The perfect healthy dessert that kids of all ages can enjoy.
No fork required.
Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
- 2 bananas sliced
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips or baking pieces
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler until smooth and creamy; remove from heat.
- Using a spoon, carefully dip each banana slice in the chocolate and rotate until evenly coated. Place on the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Repeat with all banana slices.
- Freeze until firm, a minimum of two hours. Serve chilled or store in an air-tight container in the freezer for up to one month.
Check out my Pinterest board for more great recipes like this!