The ultimate fast, high protein dinner recipe, flank steak is rubbed with a coffee-infused dry spice mixture then grilled or broiled to juicy perfection.
There is no way around it: I am a meat lover. I physically crave protein, fat, and salt and know that’s what my body needs to fuel my intense daily workouts and busy days as a working mom of little ones.
While some people yearn for bread, carbs, and sugar, I dream of juicy steak, plump shrimp, and salmon sashimi. You show me a meat and cheese platter and I’m a happy girl.
When it comes to serving high protein, low carb meals for my family, there is nothing quite like lean cuts of meat.
In fact, whenever I make flank steak I like to make extra to use throughout the week in sandwiches, salads, tacos, and more. Spoiler alert: I may have an idea for turning this beautiful steak into tacos – coming soon!
Frequently asked questions:
Yes. If you don’t have a grill available you can broil in the oven on high heat for 4-5 minutes per side or until it reaches desired doneness.
No. You hardly taste it.
Your fork is waiting.
Coffee Crusted Flank Steak
- 24 ounce flank steak
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds or two teaspoons ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds or 2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked parika
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- Toast cumin seeds and coriander seeds in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Grind a spice grinder and then place in a medium bowl.
- Add the instant coffee, brown sugar and all remaining spices (garlic powder through cayenne) to the bowl and mix well.
- Rub the flank steak evenly on both sides with dry rub; set aside and let come to room temperature.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat and grill steak for 7 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.