This healthy and comforting Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup recipe is made with smoky chipotle peppers and a hint of warm cinnamon.
We love butternut squash soup and eat it all the time during the fall and winter months. Comforting, nutritious, flavorful and versatile, you really can’t go wrong with butternut squash soup.
To make it even easier to get this luscious soup on the table, I turned it into an easy make-ahead slow cooker soup recipe. Carrots add a hint of sweetness to offset the subtle smokiness and heat from the chipotle peppers in adobo.
For added creaminess and acidity to balance the entire dish, I like to drizzle each bowl with a little plain yogurt right before serving. As an added bonus, topping the soup with cold yogurt is a great way to cool down the dish for hungry toddlers eager to take a bite.
Your spoon is waiting.
Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 cups diced butternut squash – roughly one medium squash peeled seeded and diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion halved and quartered
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce optional, remove seeds to keep mild
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or pepper
- Place all ingredients inside a Crock-Pot® slow cooker and heat on High for 4 hours of Low for 8 hours.
- Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. If you want a thinner consistency, add more chicken broth.
- Drizzle with plain yogurt to serve.