Perfect for entertaining, this hearty and delicious beef chili has not only amazing flavor but is easy to make. The perfect set it and forget it recipe!
If you are a regular reader of my blog or follow me on Instagram, chances are you’ve heard me confess a terrible secret: my husband does not eat Mexican food. I know… I. KNOW. Crazy, right? Ironically, I was born in Tucson, Arizona not far from the Mexico border and have been eating authentic Mexican food my entire life.
Since it’s not exactly fun to make tacos for one, I often make a big batch of chili on the weekends to reheat for a quick and healthy lunch all week long. Fortunately, both of my boys love chili so we have finally out-numbered my husband.
Ideal for entertaining and feeding a crowd, this slow cooker beef chili is perfect for prepping ahead. In fact, it tastes even better the next day or two.
Of course, the best part of chili is garnishing with all of your favorite mix-ins! Cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, shredded cheese, sour cream, the options are limitless.
Entertaining Tip: Create a chili bar and let your gets top their own chili with whatever toppings they wish.
If you’re as impatient as I am or need to cool down the dish quickly for little ones, dollop the chili with a little plain yogurt. The cool, tangy yogurt is the perfect compliment to the warm and hearty chili.
What is your favorite chili topping? Would love to hear from you.
Your spoon is waiting.
Can you freeze slow cooker beef chili?
This slow cooker beef chili will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Easy Slow Cooker Beef Chili
- 1 pound ground sirloin or turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 diced sweet pepper orange red or yellow
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 15 ounces black beans or kidney beeans
- 14 ounce fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 14 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups beef broth low sodium
- 12 ounce bottle beer or more chicken broth
- cilantro and red onion optional
- Pre-heat a skillet to medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ground sirloin, salt and pepper to pan and break down the beef into bite-sized pieces using a wooden spoon. Cook until nicely browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove from pan and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on High for 4 Hours or Low for 8 Hours.
- Serve with red onion and cilantro if you wish.
Check out my other delicious slow cooker recipes on Pinterest!