This quick and easy mushroom salad is made with bright lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and fresh parsley.
In this Post: Everything you need for Fresh Mushroom Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
I love to include a fresh salad with my family’s dinner, and it’s fun to switch it up instead of just serving the same bowl of romaine or iceberg everyday. This Fresh Mushroom Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette is a great way to shake up your salad game while still being delicious and nutritious. Ideal as a holiday side dish or to serve with a busy weeknight dinner, this entire mushroom salad comes together in just 10 minutes or less.
- White mushrooms: Mild and earthy in flavor, it’s important to clean them properly by lightly brushing them with a damp paper towel. Whatever you do, do not run mushrooms under running water.
- Lemon juice: Bright, acidic citrus flavor to help dress the salad.
- Olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is a heart healthy oil that helps to dress the salad.
- Parmesan cheese: A nutty, salty hard cheese that goes amazing on salads.
- Parsley: Fresh parsley is essential. Bright, grassy flavor that balances out the sharp cheese and tart lemon flavors.
- Garlic: Nutty, earthy, and bold flavor that adds a lot to this simple salad.
How to Make Fresh Mushroom Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
Start your Fresh Mushroom Salad by mincing your parsley and slicing your mushrooms.
Then in a large bowl, use a microplane to grate your garlic.
Followed by freshly juicing your lemon.
And grating your parmesan cheese.
Then add in the parsley and whisk in the olive oil. Season with some salt and pepper, and your vinaigrette is finished.
Gently stir in your mushrooms until evenly coated in the dressing.
Garnish with additional parmesan and fresh parsley if desired, and serve and enjoy your Fresh Mushroom Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is it safe to eat raw mushrooms?
Yes! If a mushroom is safe to eat, it can be eaten both raw and cooked.
What kind of mushrooms can you eat?
The most common mushrooms that you’ll find that you can eat in a grocery store are white mushrooms, portabella, cremini, and enoki among local varieties.
How do you store leftover mushroom salad?
Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for a couple days.
More Salad REcipes
- Spicy Lebanese Salad
- Italian Chopped Salad with Cannelini Beans
- Smashed Chickpea Salad with Dill
- Greek Brown Rice Salad
- Lebanese Eggplant Salad
Did you try this recipe and like it? The next time you make it, snap a picture and share it to your socials! Tag @thelemonbowl and #thelemonbowl so we can admire and share your meal.
Because this Fresh Mushroom Salad uses so few and simple ingredients, be sure to use fresh herbs and ingredients for crisp, bright flavor.
Your fork is waiting.
Fresh Mushroom Salad with Lemon Parmesan Vinaigrette
- 16 ounces Whole White Mushrooms (sliced)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.