This easy 15-minute chicken and green bean stir-fry recipe is made with fragrant garlic, ginger and sesame oil.
We love 15 minute chicken dinner recipes in our house which is why I love making this Garlic Chicken and Green Beans stir fry recipe! Made with tender chicken, green beans, fragrant garlic, ginger and sesame oil, it is always a hit with my boys.
Can you swap out green beans for another veggie? Absolutely! This recipe is great for using up whatever veggies you have on hand, found on sale or picked up at the market. Asparagus, zucchini, broccoli or red peppers all work great.
The key to this garlicky green bean and chicken stir fry is a fragrant sauce made with hoisin, garlic, ginger and sesame oil. Like it spicy? Add in extra sambal (a chili garlic paste.)
It’s great served over brown rice or enjoyed on it’s own. We love serving with Japanese Quick Picked Cucumbers as well.
Fast, fresh, versatile and ready in just 15 minutes, this Garlic Chicken and Green Beans recipe is going to be a new regular in your dinner rotation.
Your chopsticks are waiting.
Garlic Chicken and Green Beans
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless – cut in cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups green beans trimmed and cut in bite-sized pieces (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili pasterring optional
- scallions optional garnish
- Pre-heat a large wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper then add to pan. Spread chicken in a single layer and cook until browned, stirring occasionally, about 7-9 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- While chicken is browning, whisk together chicken broth through sambal in a small bowl (broth, ginger, soy, rice vinegar, hoisin, sesame oil and sambal); set aside.
- To the hot pan where the chicken was browning, stir in onion and garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until tender, about 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add green beans and saute until crisp-tender and bright greeen, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in reserved sauce to pot and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the browned bits from bottom of the pan. Bring heat to high until liquid starts to bubble. Cover pan with lid and reduce to low. Return chicken to pan and simmer for 5 mintues or until green beans are cooked through. Adjust seasoning before serving. Garnish with minced scallions if you wish.
Need more quick dinner ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!