Lamb chops are marinated in a garlic, lemon and rosemary mixture then grilled until tender and juicy.
When it comes to grilling, I love keeping it simple with fresh flavors and pantry staples.
A little lemon juice, olive oil and garlic go a long way when it comes to adding flavor and tenderizing meat.
Recently I happened to have rosemary on hand but if you don’t have it, dried oregano, basil or fresh parsley work great too!
While people often think you need to marinate meat for 8 hours or overnight, the truth is just 30 minutes can add a TON of flavor to anything you throw on the grill.
Lamb and rosemary are a classic combination but you could definitely use this marinade recipe with pork, chicken or shrimp.
This recipe is very simple but full of flavor.
Grilling Tip: Whenever you are grilling meat, let it come to room temperature before putting it on the hot grill. If you place cold meat directly from the refrigerator on to a scorching hot grill the meat will shrink.
Happy grilling everyone! If you’re looking for a nice addition to these lamb chops take a look at my Greek Tzatziki Sauce with Garlic and Dill.
Your fork is waiting.
Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops
- 8 lamb loin chops
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary (minced)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Juice and zest of lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- Place lamb chops in a large glass dish or resealable plastic bag.
- Whisk all remaining ingredients together and pour over lamb.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer. (Overnight works great.)
- When grill is ready, cook about for 4 minutes per side, turning once or until you’ve reached desired doneness.
Grilling in the coming months? Check out my Pinterest board for delicious grilling recipes!