This Greek-inspired potato salad is bursting with fresh flavors and full of juicy tomatoes, creamy feta and plump Kalamata olives.
Even though fall is right around the corner, it still very much feels like summer here in Michigan. Tomatoes are still being harvested, my herbs are exploding and the temps are still up in the 80’s. As much as I’m ready to move on to #PumpkinAllTheThings, I just can’t quite quit summer just yet.
Since we are still grilling on a regular basis, I recently came up with a fresh and flavorful potato salad bursting with Greek flavors. Fresh dill, creamy feta, juicy Kalamata olives and toasted pine nuts are tossed together with my favorite Little Potato Company creamers.
For this recipe, any variety works really! You could use the beautiful Blushing Belle variety pictured above or the Terrific Trio Blue Potatoes I used for this fast and easy Greek Potato Salad recipe.
For added crunch and texture, I like to sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving but those are optional if you don’t have them on hand! Toasted almonds would work well too.
Your fork is waiting.
Greek Potato Salad
- 12 Blushing Belle potatoes – halved (or other Little Potato Company creamer variety)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup minced red onion
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 15 pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup minced fresh dill
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional garnish)
- Place halved potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender; strain and let cool slightly.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine the tomatoes, red onion, feta and olives in a large bowl. Add in the cooked potatoes and all remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
For more satisfying side dish recipes, check out my Pinterest board!