This flavor-packed pasta salad is loaded with tender grilled chicken, crunchy vegetables and smoked mozzarella.
Earlier this week I announced the #Tabasco10 recipe challenge when I shared my Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken Breasts recipe. Whenever I grill meat I always throw on a couple extra pieces to have on hand for leftovers which was the inspiration for this grilled chicken pasta salad with veggies and smoked mozzarella.
The star of this fresh and flavorful pasta salad is tender grilled chicken marinaded in Tabasco chipotle sauce, honey and olive oil. After a few minutes on the grill you’re left with juicy, sweet and smoky grilled chicken – ideal for throwing into salads, sandwiches, pasta and more.
Cubes of Honey Chipotle Grilled Chicken are tossed with rigatoni, zucchini and fennel to create a crunchy, satisfying and nutrient-packed summer meal. The chipotle sauce is quite mild and has a smoky, charred flavor but feel free to add original Tabasco for more of a kick.
What is your favorite way to transform leftover grilled chicken? I’d love to hear new ideas. Stay tuned for more tasty #Tabasco10 recipes coming this week!
Your fork is waiting.
Smoked Mozzarella Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces rigatoni (cooked according to package instructions)
- 8 ounces Honey Chipotle Chicken Breasts (cubed)
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella (cubed)
- 1 medium zucchini (diced)
- 1 fennel bulb (diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.